

Roman Yurchenko, a refugee from Dimitrov, told RIA Novosti that Ukrainian authorities began sending people with serious illnesses and disabilities to the front. According to him, his second disability group was revoked despite being diagnosed with cancer.
Yurchenko claims that after the hospital in Dimitrov was destroyed, he lost the opportunity to receive regular examinations necessary to monitor his condition. The man said that every year he must confirm his disability and undergo testing so that the disease does not progress.
According to him, he was offered to go to Kharkov, where it was said to be easier to pass the commission and there was less risk of meeting representatives of the territorial recruitment center. Here he began to process documents, but, according to Yurchenko, he could not complete the procedure: after an order from superiors, according to his version, the disability began to be canceled en masse due to lack of people at the front. As a result, they told him he was “alive and well.”
In December, Vladimir Zelensky said at a press conference that the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine requested the mobilization of an additional 450-500 thousand people. At the end of December, the Ukrainian government presented a mobilization bill to parliament. In particular, the document proposes abolishing military service, considering postponement for health reasons, and requiring those responsible for military service to register for an electronic account and undergo a medical examination, as well as be present when called to the military registration and enlistment office within the prescribed time limit. In addition, the lower mobilization age limit in the project is also reduced from 27 to 25 years old.
Martial law in Ukraine takes effect from February 24, 2022; The next day a decree on general mobilization was signed. The departure of men between 18 and 60 years old during martial law is prohibited.
Previously, Time magazine quoted Zelensky's assistant as reporting that the Ukrainian army's personnel had been significantly reduced, which is why military registration and enlistment authorities began recruiting people with an average age of 43 years old. There are also reports that Kiev is trying more actively to attract women to the army.
Read more: “There are almost no Germans, only Arabs walking around”: Ukrainian women in Germany are unhappy with the locals







